Old 05-16-19, 07:40 PM
August West

Bikes: Domane SLR7 Project One

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I've had two of the Garmin Premium Soft Straps in the last nine years. They've worked great for me. I just rinse it off under running water immediately after a ride. Just got my second strap maybe two years or less ago. I seem to remember my first was starting to act like you described and even with battery change it didn't help.

You can find the Garmin Premium Soft Straps online for less than fifty bucks. Though some people have issues with them, I think mine have been solid. I wonder if it's those that sweat so much salt that they crust up their clothes, strap and anything else that have the real crazy issues and low success with the Garmin strap. I'm fairly low salt on my diet compared to others.
I've had my Soft Strap for 4 years now and it has worked great for me too. Usually rinse it off in the utility sink in the garage after use and just hang it over the side to to dry. I did replace the battery last year just because it was 3 years old and figured it was due. You do need a jewelers screwdriver to open the case but I didn't find anything difficult about it. Plus, up until a few months ago I was kind of a salt fiend so it saw plenty of NaCl over the years but maybe rinsing it off helped. I find it comfortable too.