Old 06-17-19, 10:03 AM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
A few months ago I would have gleefully joined and explained how my Brooks B67 was the bomb. Then age, a new medication, and a slightly lower handlebar height conspired to give me a terrible prostatitis episode which has rather drastically changed my bicycles saddles. Briefly I injured the "taint" area just below the prostate and urethra. This episode made it clear that I would not be riding a bicycle seat with any kind of contact with that area. I am presently trying out a noseless saddle. So far the saddle does not touch any sensitive area and is quite a revelation in riding comfort. But there is no horn to help you stabilize the bike in the normal way so there is definitely a learning curve going on there. I have just ordered a Spongy Wonder noseless seat which is a variation on the one I'm trying now. Sometimes life's curveballs take over without your consent. More experience will let me know how well this type of saddle will work for me.