View Single Post
Old 12-26-10, 07:28 PM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked 3,380 Times in 1,198 Posts
I have a NOS Schwinn Super Sport LE road bike frame, size "L", which I would guess is like a 59-60cm. Slightly sloped top tube, replaceable der hanger (I have the correct one) never built up. Never been able to find anything out about this frame (including from Schwinn and the shop that sold it to me) other than it was from a line of frames they sold several years ago only to LBS, not to dept. stores. Headbadge and seat tube badge, made in China, aluminum, and now you know as much as I do. Cable stops at the upper end of the DT, 130 spacing. Black and silver and in storage, so no pics immediately at hand. Have an (also new) SE fork to go along with it, fork is root beer colored but the threadless stem is long enough to work with the frame, which requires an integrated headset. I suspect this would make a pretty nice bike once built up but would require STI's or thumbies or bar ends.

Also have a 1990 Cannondale M400, red, with the correct fork. At least I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Needs a respray/powder coat but appears dent free and straight. Would make a nice tourer or use it for a 'cross bike. It's a shortie- with 700C wheels it would build up to about 54cm. Takes V-brakes or cantilevers or whatever else fits on those stubs that are welded/brazed to the seat stays and front fork. 130mm spacing. Also in storage but can dig it out and post pics for anyone who might be interested.

Bought both of these when I was feeling pretty frisky and experimental, but have since realized I'm strictly a DT shifter/road bike/caliper brake kinda guy. Will trade one (or preferably both) for any reasonable frame 58cm or smaller in dent-free condition.