View Single Post
Old 12-27-10, 11:17 AM
rhm
multimodal commuter

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 584 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by dashuaigeh
We could do a google document. What information do we need on it? Effective TT and ST meaurements, maybe description to give a rough idea of worth (frame materials, condition, and such), and then an ISO description?
I suggest four grades of frame:
A = full / butted molybdenum-alloy steel --don't bother saying whether 531, Columbus, Tange, or what.
B = partial / straight gauge molybdenum-alloy steel -- again, don't bother with the details.
C = hi tensile steel.
D = anything other than steel.

I suggest three grades of paint:
A = excellent and original
B = okay (does not need repaint)
C = terrible (needs repaint)

If you're getting rid of a frame that requires unusual parts, non-English BB and headset, unusual sized FD or whatever, I suggest you include it if you can.

Other information required: dropouts, eyelets, other brazed on fittings. Damage should be clearly stated.

What else, guys? As I said before, this thread is probably just a trial balloon. What rules would you like to see? Under what terms would you, or would you not, play this game?