View Single Post
Old 01-11-19, 05:22 PM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 257 Posts
FWIW, mine originally came with white cable housings as well. According to the serial number, mine was Sept '74 built.
The original three-pin 51/39 Maxy crankset got replaced since the chainrings tended to bend/deflect under heavy load.
I don't think I had my bike even a month before ditching the downtube shifters for the SunTour barcons it still wears today.
Not sure if mine ever had brake hoods either, or if it did, I removed them to (temporarily) install safety levers since my previous bike ( all-steel '74 Fuji Special Tourer) had them and I was used to using them... I've never used hoods on this bike...
I hated the original pump with it's screw-on hose. I lost so much air when trying to remove the hose from the valvestem that I got the Zefal HP with a quick-release chuck.
Looking at the receipt, I remember that the original tires were cracked/dry-rotted, so I swapped them out at the shop for a pair of 27x1-1/8 Schwinn Super Record tires...

Over the past 42 years, that bike has gone through at least three replacement wheelsets, two rear derailleurs, numerous sets of brake pads, and probably a couple-dozen sets of tires! BUT, it still has the original Fujita Belt saddle, too! (Oh, and the Nitto handlebar stem bolt is still there, too )