Old 02-02-21, 09:57 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,809 Times in 3,317 Posts
Tailwind Endurance Fuel mix is pretty high in Sodium and other electrolytes compared to the amount of carbs it gives. For Me in the summer time really hot weather it might be close to the ratio of carbs to electrolyte I use, but for normal riding I couldn't use it. Too much electrolyte for me has been just as bad as none.

If it's right for you, that's okay, but don't just blindly think because something markets itself as a sports drink that it's right for you. Compare the amount of carbohydrate, sodium and other electrolytes it gives you. I very much prefer mixes or drinks with few to no electrolytes and sodium. That way I can fill my bottles with the amount of carbs I want for a ride and then add electrolyte to get it to the level I want. My ratio of carbs to electrolyte depends on several things. Among them are air temperature, length of ride and level of effort.

I'd put many sport drinks in the way too high on electrolyte category. Particularly for those that really aren't riding at a "sport" level of effort.
Likes For Iride01: