non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2195 Post(s)
Liked 4,594 Times in 1,764 Posts
Originally Posted by Locomotief
Thank you for posting those pictures here, Locomotief . There is a lot here that's worth trying to save, IMO.

The frame is one. Looking at it I'm fairly sure it was made in Belgium and may be a decade younger than my earlier assessment. Teun Visser had his frames made elsewhere, and Wout Verhoeven was one of his suppliers. Verhoeven was an importer of Belgian "no name" frames for the Dutch market. More information on these here: Show & Tell: Giovanni.

Giveaways are the stays, which are painted silver rather than chromed (correct?) and the front rack braze-ons. Both are rarely if ever found on Dutch bikes. The "AA" decal above may be a clue as to by whom this frame was built. It looks well-made, and is certainly worth getting back on the road or even restoring to its former glory.

The chainguard is an Ardex, and a nice one at that. Worth a couple of tenners to someone. Several on eBay right now. The cranks and bottom bracket are Stronglight products. Worth keeping if still in good working order. The pedals look interesting too. I don't immediately recognize them, but the dust caps say "good stuff".

Likes For non-fixie: