View Single Post
Old 03-09-16, 11:52 AM
TrackMonkey7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dalai
I'd debate accuracy. Accurate enough depending on what you want to use it for... Data logging fine, aero testing not!

My biggest concern with one leg PM's is just doubling left leg power. Due to pedalling asymmetry and how it varies depending on the level of effort with individuals, if the imbalance ends up being greater at harder efforts, then the degree of variance from actual power will be greater. Now if pedaling asymmetry was consistent for a given level of effort, then you could suggest it is repeatable. Unfortunately this isn't the case as pedaling asymmetry at a certain effort can vary depending on fatigue and other factors.
+1

I pretty much use them for data logging. I'll never extol them as being great track PMs, they're not at all. But for an enduro nerd with limited funds, they check all the boxes I need them to. While I'm certain I have noticeable asymmetries (I can't lift as much with my left leg as my right), when I do start efforts, I'm merely wanting to record that I did a big effort a bunch of times. I'm not too interested in how much power I generate in the first 5 seconds of my effort because that's not too important to me, but I am interested in how long I can maintain the rest of the effort and my average power during it.