Old 07-19-18, 09:59 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
Originally Posted by mtb_addict
I can't imagine letting stranger pick my fruits and vegetables. I often how to pick thru many to find the good ones.

I imagine the clerk just randoming picking it which is rotten.
At Safeway, the shoppers are very trained on the quality of produce. On the form, you can dictate ripeness, size, and you can say things like "I want to bananas with freckles on them and two that are greenish yellow" Or "I need my bell peppers around four inches high and flat bottom for stuffing" If they don't find any on the shelf, they have to go to the back and open a new box and find it in there.

The procedure is as follows: One person picks out the dry items, one person deals with the meat items, one person picks out the refrigerated items, and your frozen is picked out last as well... all at different times so that it's completely fresh. They separate your order so that your cold items remained chilled (they have to be between 32-36 degrees) and cannot be out of refrigeration for longer than 15 mins, which is why the cold items are picked separately and last. Then they go into a large walk in cooler until loaded onto the refrigerated truck.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.