Old 06-28-19, 07:08 PM
Hasselhof

Bikes: Merida Espresso 600 EQ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
So I spent a bit of time fixing it up last night and took it to my local farmers market for a trial run this morning. It's about a 6km round trip on roads and dirt paths so it was a nice easy trial. It worked wonderfully. It's a bit wider than the trailer I am used to but that's fine, a bit weighty however I ride an e-bike so that's of no concern really. It turns out that riding it around loosened up a lot of dirt that had worked its way into various nooks and crannies which actually made it easier to clean out than I expected. I only bought a small amount of shopping but I was amazed at just how much extra space was available.

I didn't bother with the jockey wheel today, just because it's quite a busy market and it would just make life more difficult there than necessary, but I'm looking forward to using on other trips. It's actually the wheel from my kids trailer, but it fits perfectly into this on too. Probably just because it's the same brand. That rear stroller bar is easily removable too, I agree, it is a hand option to have available and the extra weight of it is pretty insignificant when you consider the utility it will provide.

My only concern is the tyres which I think will need replacing, it must have spent a long time with the tyres deflated because they are seriously cracked and probably won't last too long. New tubes, new tyres will be the total cost because of the free trailer.... winning