Old 06-28-18, 10:03 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by 50voltphantom
Bumpity-bump. Cross is coming (again). Things get rolling in about two months. How's the bike? What are you riding? What are you working on (skills and/or mechanically)? Goals?
I was thinking of trying something super radical this year and actually training for cross (as opposed to just showing up for the handful of local races and absolutely dying for 45 minutes). My plan is to do the 8-week TrainerRoad cyclocross workout, starting at the beginning of August so I'm peaking at about the time one of my favorite cross races usually happens.

Skills -- the races around here typically have one or two barriers and no run ups, so I don't really do much skill training although I probably should because my dismounts and remounts are atrocious.

My bike is still waiting on replacement parts for all the stuff I broke at Dirty Kanza. I have a second wheelset so I'll probably actually set up some tubeless cross tires instead of using tubes like I've done in the past, mainly out of laziness and being cheap.