Old 02-19-20, 09:39 AM
TXsailor

Bikes: Origin-8 Lactic Acid Giant Escape 2 Centurian Lemans 12 Kuwahara Tandem 1989 Ironman Expert 1988 Ironman Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by texaspandj
Hmm.... I could do the shorter but more scenic 100k. Swing by and pick up C-Cat on the way and Hope that Jim Dandy would meet us there. That's an additional 3 Texans right there.
As it is I'm in better shape to go 3 rounds, boxing, 3 rounds kickboxing, and 3 rounds grappling Than a hunerd miles in North Texas heat. But I hate to miss a chance to drop RT on the hunerd, but just have no plans to get in triathlon shape this year. So the 100k will have to do.
I'm gonna confer with my wife then those Texans and maybe just do the 100k and possibly bring the wife.
One thing, it would be a day trip of about 3.5 hours of driving each way.... which is really just a hop skip in Texas.
​​​​​
My daughter says she really doesn't want to do the hundred there again. She is super busy this year getting certified to be a midwife and probably won't get to train as much as she has in the past. I may do the hundred anyway but for me its a lot about riding with them so I don't know. The 75 is also a good option as it still goes through the base but is still long enough to make it feel like you accomplished something. One option would be to get a room in Bowie Friday night and it drops the drive to 45 minutes. I would love to put some people up but we don't have room.