Old 02-20-20, 09:59 AM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 380 Posts
This past weekend my riding buddy asked if I wanted to Run instead of bike. I hadn't ran since a December fun run but said yes anyway. We ran only 3 miles but at a good pace. Surprisroringly I felt good. We had talked about running together but riding always took precedent. Just like his exceptionally smooth pedaling, he has good running form. No exaggerating arm movements, or odd hitches.
So for whatever reason it's been bad weather during the weekdays (wet cold) but Nice weather on weekends (60s, 70s and even 80s temps and SUNNY) Beautiful. So you feel obligated to go outdoors and do something active.
I was kinda surprised I was a little sore sun after my run sat since I felt good running. But I went out on my old favorite bike and route. I'm not sure if It was the soreness or me being used to my rode bike but the saddle was kinda Hard. No matter I got used to it soon enough and rode the 26 miles nicely but afterwards I realized 50 miles could be a challenge. Here's the bike in question....my favorite.

Dura Ace 740(1) RD, FD, HS, BB. Original (1st generation) Gripshift and Scott DH Aerobars. Shimano 600 Crankset, Brakeset, and Aero seatpost. 6 speed for my '86.
Likes For texaspandj: