Old 03-08-19, 05:17 AM
cs1

Bikes: Specialized, Schwinn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by jade408

One of the reasons I am looking more at custom is fit issues. I have shart torso/long legs. I keep falling between some stock sizes. And the stock frame options are minimal. Custom gives me fit and features.

Also I can describe what I want the ride to be like, but can’t translate into measurements. But my description is pretty specific.
I have faced the same problems deciding on what to make or buy. The only difference is I don’t have the same fit issues. But I have a vanity problem. Because I have always been involved in side businesses selling resale is a top concern for me. Outfitting the bike practically means making it less desirable from a resale point of view. Dura Ace and Record/Super Record will always maintain their value more than the lower groups. But they wont give you anymore real world practicality over say a 105 group.
Sorry about muddling things up with yet another variable. My father always said you can’t put a renumeration on your hobby. Buy what makes you happy. In the end that’s all that counts. Good luck!