View Single Post
Old 10-16-23, 06:13 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2504 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 526 Posts
Originally Posted by TC1
When your light reduces intensity, you are in its shadow. This is (partly) why flashing lights are idiotic and banned in so many places for so many vehicles.
This is an example of making 'perfect the enemy of good'. If flashing lights are idiotic and banned some places (Germany), they aren't banned here. And here is where we ride. What is your objection now. Also, I DOUBT flashing lights are banned on EVERYTHING in Germany. They are banned on bicycles, we know that. It's a trope now. Why is that? So that bicycles aren't confused for something else maybe? It certainly isn't that flashing lights are idiotic or dangerous in some way. It is more that they aren't necessary for cyclists to be safe. Reserve that privilege for the services that need the premium. German laws and more importantly GERMAN INFRASTRUCTURE ensures adequate nighttime illumination of road users, including cyclists. Here, NOT SO MUCH guaranteed everywhere. So, you better carry your own lights and, as I said earlier, the run time of most lights in flash mode is triple what it is in steady mode, so you better believe I flash that mofo like my life depended on it. It doesn't, but ack, what does it hurt to do as the Romans do ...
Likes For Leisesturm: