View Single Post
Old 08-25-19, 08:19 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeTall
Well, to be fair... it is near impossible to discern tone or if one is being tongue in cheek on a forum post. Especially when posters don’t specifically indicate they are being tongue in cheek. Wouldn’t you agree? I don’t think my response under the circumstances was out of line. Nor did i attack you personally. I merely stated 3 reasons why i thought my solution wasn’t offensive to handicapped people. I could also say that you were quick to challenge my retort. Lol. Seriously. I am not upset. No worries. It’s all good. Honestly.
See my addendum, written before reading this post, since you are quick to admonish.

Any further discussion will have to wait until tomorrow.

Incidentally, regarding the initial post,
…I kid you not. It works! Better than any lock i ever bought. Of course there are no guarantees, but give it a try. Couldn’t hurt.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
This sounds like a tenuous solution. Besides if too many cycle commuters latch on to it, the thieves will catch on, and may become even more active, similar to the antipathy expressed to seemingly healthy drivers with handicapped parking placards.
First of all, i doubt if this solution will catch on as wildly as you think....
= tongue in cheek

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 08-25-19 at 08:29 PM. Reason: added "Incidentally regarding...