Old 05-08-19, 03:02 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts

No problem bypassing the closure at Chappaqua Road, it's the brief off road part between the two sections officially on the shoulder of rt 100 and the shoulder in that part is just as wide.

A little worried though as there are some sections just south of there where they graded out some frost heaves and put down brief stretches of asphalt that was neither hot enough nor rolled enough, I really hope that is not what the trail is going to become.

PUTNAM COUNTY IS DOING WORK TOO.

Right before the end of the Putnam County Trail end my headlamp revealed a "Trailway Closed Ahead" sign and then around railroad milepost 52 there was a half mile of new pavement. Good new pavement, not the halfhearted driveway repair of the NCT section. Fortunately it looks like they're set up to close it only when doing actual work, I think I glimpsed lights on the sign which were not on and flashing. Which is good, because given the hour and need to get through to my train home, I'd have had little choice but to walk through even if it was closed off.

Also, recent news writeup though not really saying much new: https://www.lohud.com/story/news/loc...ts/1139805001/

Last edited by UniChris; 05-09-19 at 03:44 PM.