Old 07-29-20, 04:24 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4512 Post(s)
Liked 6,387 Times in 3,672 Posts
Originally Posted by cs1
As the title states, are there really any rules for what we consider a classic or vintage bike? The reason I’m asking is I’m putting together a project bike. It is a 1999 Waterford. It was the last year for a full Reynolds 531 frame and fork for Waterford. That and the fact is a lugged frame wit a 1” fork. If you didn’t know most folks would say it’s a typical 80’s era bike. The only non vintage thing is no down tube bosses. But that’s isn’t a problem if you use barcon shifters.

Any opinions or suggestions for a proper group.

Short answer, no especially for this which is great.

All the things you mention put it squarely in the realm, checks all boxes for C+V regardless of when it was built.

I love it when this happens, so cool to keep the flame burning, retro, classic, vintage, tribute, et all, the foundation is rock solid.

As we all know, Waterford's Schwinn roots go back as far as most so its all good.

Make it so.

Here's one I just built with exactly all this in mind and modern group to boot.

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...ou-decide.html

Last edited by merziac; 07-29-20 at 04:30 PM.
Likes For merziac: