Old 04-14-21, 10:44 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6973 Post(s)
Liked 10,974 Times in 4,694 Posts
Originally Posted by downhillmaster
Who knew there were so many weak-minded adults that needed to be told how and what to eat?
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
You really werent aware that food and nutrition education are struggles for a large percentage of the population? This thread finally made you aware?
Thats insane- where have you been? Nutrition and healty eating is a massive multi-billion dollar industry that has existed for decades now.

On a serious note, its pretty damn lame to view people with weight issues and food struggles as being weak-minded. Very few in life dont struggle to properly balance some part of their life- whether its healthy eating, gambling, exercise, alcohol, drugs, emotional support of others, etc etc.
So far, researchers have identified over 50 genes which are associated with obesity, and they are learning more all the time about other physiological factors. Then there are socio-economic factors, such as people who live in "food deserts" and hence do not have adequate access to reasonably-priced and healthy food. The suggestion that overweight people are all "weak-minded" ignores a whole lot of documented factors.

Originally Posted by indyfabz
Ugh. Reminds me of the last time I ate something from a major fast food chain.
When people ask how I stay so slim at my age, I tell them that I ride my bikes a lot, and I never eat anything that is commonly handed through a drive-up window. That's not the whole story, of course - but it counts for a lot.
Likes For Koyote: