Old 04-14-21, 01:04 PM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by alo
At the beginning of last year I was 130kg or 287 lb. Last year I lost 15 kg or 33 lb. Now I have lost a total of 21 kg or 46 lb, and weigh 109 kg or 240 lb.

At the beginning of last year, I might cycle 10 km in a day, and that was challenging. I would walk with the bike up some hills. As I lost weight, I cycled further. I got to the point where I can cycle 60 to 80 km in a day. I now cycle up hills I used to walk up, sometimes in a high gear.

I would like to encourage other fat challenged people to also lose weight. Here is my approach. Others might take a different approach. I am not suggesting anyone has to do exactly what I do.

The key is to be consistent. If you diet for a while, then quit, don't expect to lose weight and keep it off. You need a good diet on a permanent basis.

I avoid fats. You can't lose fat while consuming significant amounts of fat. I avoid, meat, dairy, fried foods and bread. I avoid manufactured and processed foods. I eat fruits, vegetables, grains and nuts.

I suggest, anyone starting this, don't eat anything after lunch. Do this for at least a few months until you get used to it.

Then only eat breakfast. Do this for months until you get used to it.

Then if you really want rapid weight loss, only eat breakfast every second day.

I suggest not eating less than that without medical supervision. If you get too extreme, things could go wrong.

When consuming low calories, like this, I sometimes only have enough energy to cycle 20 km in a day. After I have lost more weight, I can increase my calories and cycle further in a day.

I drink a lot of liquids while cycling. Some water, and some healthier type drinks with calories.

I believe I am adding years to my life, and reducing my chance of diabetes and high blood pressure. I would like to encourage others to do the same.
Losing weight is a great idea for many people. So... good for you for that!
But, if you only lost 33 lbs in a year doing a diet as extreme as this, you're doing something wrong. One meal a day of food that generally isn't very calorie dense is a very extreme diet.

Last edited by OBoile; 04-14-21 at 01:57 PM.
Likes For OBoile: