Old 10-24-18, 07:28 AM
Morelock

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
I had a so so season, which seems has become commonplace the last few years.

The primary focus had been a US Master's hour record with the Van Houweling group in Mexico... a couple of position changes took a large part of the season to figure out (having a 4 hour drive to Rock Hill made testing challenging) then problems started popping up. I put in a big volume bit of time for the TN State TT and ran into mental burnout, having to take a few days off, then got soundly beaten at that race despite some of my best power numbers ever. (was 2nd last year, 5th this year... can't control who shows up I guess) At the State Track championship (thanks DLV) I showed up with a broken cleat I was unaware of until race day... so limped through most of the events with some unimpressive results (4th in the 4k being my best) before pulling myself from the points race because the cleat finally gave out totally. (should have brought straps I guess)

In my final planned "tune-up" hour session I blew my front tyre full gas going into turn 1 and took a fairly nasty spill. At first I thought it was only scrapes and cosmetic, but my hip flexor was fubar and I ended up spending 3 weeks off the bike and unfortunately having to cancel my plans for Mexico.

That was pretty much it for this season. Trying to decide what's in store for next year... I was thinking perhaps masters nats but Carson is a long way to go from TN so I would want to cut 15" or so from my 3k time before I committed. (considering how crap my standing start is I think I can pick up a chunk of that focusing on starts this winter)