Old 12-05-20, 05:25 PM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 257 Posts
Originally Posted by nomadmax
We don't have the time for me to wax poetic about my old Mel Pinto Cortina rollers with a towel jammed between one of the back rollers and the floor to create resistance. < snip>
< memory-jog moment > Yep, that's what my college dorm-mate had - Cortina rollers. IIRC, they were top-of-the-line waaaay back in the mid '70s. That's all this guy had. A track Paramount, several racing Paramounts, and a Twin Paramount for himself and fiancee... The shifty bits on those so equipped were Campy, and all rode on tubulars, I think... Like I said, this guy was serious... ... and here me the schlub thought my Fuji S-10S was something..

He and a couple of the other members of the Ohio State Cycling Club would ride the entire TOSRV round trip on Saturday, then do it again on Sunday. Normally TOSRV was 105 miles from Columbus OH to Portsmouth OH on Sat and 105 miles back on Sunday, so these guys were doing 210+miles each day. Back-to-back double-Centuries! I was in awe. I was more than happy that I could ride the 105 miles each day in six hours... They were doing the doubles in less than eight!
Likes For Cougrrcj: