Old 03-29-11, 10:59 AM
MuppetMower

Bikes: IRO Mark V

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One of those tire threads

I know there have been a few tire threads recently. They are 2 or 3 paged back and I didnt feel like resurrecting them. I did read them though.

I replaced the stock tires on my bike with Conti GP4000Ss. I had read that they were fast and had decent puncture and cut resistance. I rode less than 30 miles on them before I got a flat on the rear -_- I was pissed bc I just flatted on my new tires, but then while changing the tube I noticed that there was a hole large enough for me to stick my pinky through in the tire... I'm not sure if this was a manufacturing defect, a fluke, or if these tires just arent tough enough. I didnt run over anything or hit any speedbumbs that I am aware of.

I returned the back tire to amazon, saying that it was defective. Now here is the problem, I dont know what to replace it with. Should I give the gp4000s another chance, or look for something else? I almost never got flats with my stock tires(i even had a 4 month period of no flats at all), so I don't think I need something as tough as gatorskins. I've heard they are somewhat sluggish though my friends that have them never get flats.

I'd like a tire with lower rolling resistance that holds up alright on city streets. They dont have to be the toughest because I dont mind fixing flats occasionally, and they dont have to be really cheap.