Old 01-03-18, 08:41 AM
bmthom.gis

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival; 2014 Cannondale Trail 7 29; 1972 Schwinn Suburban, 1996 Proflex 756, 1987(?) Peugeot, Dahon Speed P8; 1979 Raleigh Competition GS; 1995 Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1978 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Happy 2018 all. I finally got around to commuting yesterday. 12 degree F start temp, and a balmy 18 by the time I got to work an hour later. My cycling has been very spotty since summer 2017 due to prolonged work trips, sporadic/long hours, working from home, taking time off, tiredness, laziness, etc...I've been looking forward to the new year starting to start riding more. I got out twice over the holidays to ride (mtb and group road ride), but things were too busy to get out any more than that.

So, yeah, yesterday felt challenging. I got winded and tired easily. I wasn't fast. I'm still a bit sore/fatigued. BUt it was a good day and good ride. Today I drove (weather fx is maybe some snow this afternoon?) and planning on riding tomorrow. I gained weight during my hiatus from regular riding, and right now that is my motivation. The wife and I are going to S Korea this summer, and I would like to slim down by then.