Old 03-19-16, 02:49 PM
Quinn8it

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd say that judging the WCL too harshly based on the free online feed is a bit missing the point. This is a business- and a struggling/failing one at that- in its utter infancy. The whole point of Stadium Cycling is to create a live spectator sport out of cycling that makes sense for people to go watch. It's meant to serve as an alternative to going to a Galaxy game or a Clippers game. While I'm sure they wanted the live feed to help get a bit more wide spread excitement- the goal of this weekend was to try to get asses in the seats.. Im sure that it's mostly being used as a way to show potential investors that this is a viable sport. That can drive Ticket sales, parking fees, concessions, souvenirs... You know- stuff that might pay the bills to build all those Velodromes that we don't have yet for this sport.

I'll let you know what I see in a few hours- but based on the advertised "buy one get one free" and the insider info that if you know who to ask tonight's tickets are free, I'd guess that expectations were far from met.. Let's hope the potential money behind this deal sees something that makes them think this could work- otherwise you'll have to find some other event to bad mouth- as this will probably be gone for good.

As far as the format goes.. Once again I'll let you know once I see it live for myself- but 100 lap points races aren't really spectator friendly- so I'm not surprised they re-tooled the races a bit..

I'm taking a Saturday night off work and headed down with my kids- so you can bet I'm planning to have some fun..