Old 05-01-19, 09:30 AM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Don't get so obsessed that one aspect of a fit must be maintained and sacrifice the other aspects that may actually be more important for your particular body.

Rules for the various fits are just guidelines to get you in the starting place to begin adjustments to find what works for you. IMO of course.

As well, when you talk of fit... are you wanting to be fitted for ultimate comfort? Best performance on a long ride? Best speed on a short ride? or some other aspect?
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am looking for the best fit to protect my 70 year old knees while giving me the position to climb the multiple hills in my area. I ride about 15 miles or a little better three to four times a week and run my Quick 3 90% of the time. I am looking to have the rear cog set changed from an 11-32 to an 11-36. That should give me the range to not have to pound the heck out of my knees and still have something left to enjoy the rest of my day. I guess I am most concerned with the knee health and how the seat placement and back angle relates to that. I am still looking for the perfect seat but wanted to get some feedback on the other issues before I dump a bunch of money on a seat. Thanks again for your response.
Frank.

Last edited by Helderberg; 05-01-19 at 01:44 PM.