Old 05-07-19, 04:51 PM
bobwysiwyg

Bikes: Mongoose Selous, Trek DS

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 189 Posts
Originally Posted by LuckyLyndy
I'm reviving this old thread. I can't understand the directions for this light. When recharging it blinks?
And when fully recharged, the light is on? What????
I bought this for touring. No way in hell am I going to have this draw off my battery brick blinking incessantly in my tent all night long. I found that it also would turn itself off during the day ride even though I had it set for its longest and lowest output. I will talk to Eric at Cygolite tomorrow. If what I say is correct, and you can't turn the light off while recharging, it is going back. And what is with not having better mounting gear? Only at the last minute did I realize, it comes with no way to attach to a rear rack. You can then buy a third party rack plate, but the hardware they supply is really worthless as you read in the comments on Amazon. This is some kind of Bizarro World of bike lights.
I've been using on both my bikes fore years. No issues and I'm often told how bright they are even in daylight. The blinking tells you it is charging. Without that how would you know? The solid light while connected tells you it is fully charged, otherwise how would you know that? Don't over think this.