Thread: Today I (v2):
View Single Post
Old 06-11-19, 10:50 AM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3871 Post(s)
Liked 2,568 Times in 1,579 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
I just did a test ride and I don’t like it for the same reason I don’t like driving around in a car with fog lights on all the time.

They light up very close to the bike. The bright spot in front of the wheel draws the eyes when I should be looking down the road. If tilted up they just blind motorists and shine on the trees instead of the road.

I’m sticking with higher mounted handlebar and helmet lights which casts further down the road without blinding motorists.

-Tim-
I rode with a fork blade-mounted light for a season and had the same objections. Any bumps or holes in the ground created huge dark spots ahead. In addition, I found the shadows cast to the other side of the wheel distracting.

Moving the light up to the fork crown level helped a lot, although it is nice to have the light coming from the same general direction as your eyes.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498