View Single Post
Old 06-15-19, 07:17 AM
geoffs

Bikes: Co-Motion Mocha Co-pilot, Habanero custom commuter, Seven Axiom SL, Seven Axiom SLX, Blom Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
I'm finding that if I don't exercise for any reason my fitness level seems to drop off quicker than it used to. Before the 2 month tandem tour in Italy that we've just returned home from I had our club cycling coach draw up a plan for me which worked out well. I also did strength training at the local gym 3 times a week doing a program that was written by another cycling coach who I know. It did make a significant difference to my ability to climb those wonderful italian hills that have the odd steep pinch. Now that we are back we are joining the gym again and are planning to be as consistent as we can as out next long tour is planned to include the Tour Pyrenean.

So our plan for maintaining our health is:

Annual checkups with GP.

Mediterranean diet to reduce body fat percentage. I'm aiming to get down to under 10% again. 6% which i was until i was 30 just ain't going to happen.

Goals for cycling which are a mix of Audax, annual team time trial and about 7 to 10 weeks of touring each year. We already have a list of places we want to tour.

A mix of endurance and interval training on the road and on Zwift.

Strength training 3 to 4 times a week.

regular stretching.