Old 08-04-15, 06:25 AM
quicktrigger

Bikes: Allez/Motobecane 427HT & Ti/Soma Custom Build

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by outpost2015
As I said, I purchased the L size, but feel it's just a little too big for me (I'm 5'9") The stem on the L size is just too long for me, and because it is a unique design, it is impossible to get a shorter stem without completely scrapping the original headset. Specialized do not sell it as an aftermarket item. I also changed the setback seatpost to a zero option. Other than than, I love it.
The new Expert X1 looks great, but the Axis 2.0 wheels are a step down from my Axis 4.0, and I don't like the CG-R seatpost (I tried one on my Pro, and ditched it, as it put me back too far). Having said that, I'm sure a M size would solve the fit problems, as the stem on this size is only 90mm, as opposed to 105mm on the L. I'm also uncertain how the Rival 1x11 compares to the SRAM X1.
All this may be irrelevant though, as I've yet to see the Sirrus Expert X1 listed for the UK. They may be just as short-sighted as for 2015 when they didn't import the Pro, and I had to purchase one from a Concept Store in Belgium. I suppose the last (expensive) option I could go for, would be to buy the 2016 Pro (again, assuming they UK import it) and upgrade to a 1x11.
I have also been looking at the new BMC AC01 with the Alfine 11, and may try that before I decide though. There was a version with the X1 option, but Evans don't have that in a M.
Don't think I agree that you need a particular stem for this series a bike. I certainly changed mine. I'm 5'10" and one a large as well. After looking at the dimensions for a large vs medium, I put a shorter stem on my bike to compensate for the only real difference. Worked great, and made the bike much more comfortable. Don't know why you couldn't do the same? Am I missing something?

QT