Old 08-04-15, 07:35 AM
quicktrigger

Bikes: Allez/Motobecane 427HT & Ti/Soma Custom Build

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
I have the Sirrus Sport. I did not change the headset spacers. Those are the same height as what I started with. All I changed was the stem. I went with a 70mm stems with 17 degree angle. The default that came with the bike was 6 degrees. This strictly on an intuitive hunch. Once I got it, and installed it, it was great. After the fact I found a page where you could put in different stems to compare. When I did that, I found that the height of the handlebars were basically identical due to the stem being shorter but at a steeper angle, and the reach was very close to the medium. So it appears I had done some intuitive fuzzy math in the bottom of my brain to compensate for the differences.

As for your bike, the stem looks different, but best I can tell from the pics, a standard stem will still work. It just appears those stems fit over the top of the steerer tube (perhaps the steerer is carbon?), but I'm sure you can find something to work.

The stem I ended up with is the Salsa 70mm X 17 degree. May, or may not be right for you. But it was something like $20 US, so it was worth trying a couple stems had I needed to do so. Plus, many bike shops will let you exchange stems until you get the right one.

QT

Last edited by quicktrigger; 08-04-15 at 07:39 AM.