Old 04-04-20, 09:29 AM
TenGrainBread 

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 650 Times in 336 Posts
Originally Posted by cinco
You know, some of my bikes have 12 speeds! What an amazing advance, right? 1x setups have no practical value unless you're missing an arm or a large chunk of brain material - they're just the latest way of parting a fool from his money. Like 650c wheels. No, I mean 29ers. No, I mean 650b. No, I mean disc brakes. Oops, now they're hydraulic. Electric. Wireless.

The average speed of the TdF has increased 2.1MPH in the last 60 years. None of this garbage even matters to people who are actually in shape and we're supposed to think it's the greatest thing that's ever happened? Just ride your bike and don't condescend to people who aren't frantically drinking whatever Kool-Aid is put in front of them.
And I suppose this Kool-Aid drinking and foolish spending and bike industry scamming started the year after your last bike was made, correct?

The only way to stop crotchety old men from complaining about new bike technology would have been to stop all bicycle frame and part development after the invention of the safety bicycle in 1876. I guarantee you that every advancement since that time has been hailed as an "industry scam" by someone like you.
Likes For TenGrainBread: