View Single Post
Old 04-20-21, 09:33 PM
qkcam

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
UPDATE:
i found a community bike shop and they had the tool to take the hub the rest of hte way off. I had gotten the gear 7 set off. the guy at the shop said the freewheel was bad.. but he also said he had never seen the freewheel the way i had it , i had opened the falcon locknut and the bearings came out. and he had never seen a freewheel like that without the falcon part .. sorry i dont know the names.

so yay!!! tomorrow i will clean up the axel and the bearing housing, bearings. they even gave me a small little bit of bike grease.. just enough to do what i need.and I bought a cone wrench from them. super nice folks ! oh and i loved the shop.. wasn't fancy at all .. but very functional .
He did give me another used whole freewheel set. (since he said mine wasn't good anymore) I dont understand why it isn't good.. ? i know impossible to tell without pictures. sorry

for some reason i can't get the nut and the cone (washer? ) nut loosen from each other on the freewheel side.. gonna spray i guess with the pb blast and let it sit overnite.
come back to it tomorrow.
maybe i will be able to take it out .. for a little spin.. assuming i get all back together. next will be change out the handlebars maybe for a bit more upright.

i talk too much.
ride well and safe
good nite