View Single Post
Old 09-14-18, 05:58 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked 661 Times in 504 Posts
Originally Posted by kingston

Yes, I don't know if it's worn out or broken in, but I liked it better before it developed sit bone indentations. This is my first leather saddle, so I don't have any other experience. My butt doesn't really bother me on shorter distances so my other bikes don't have leather saddles. I'll take a picture and post it, but it might be a few days. I'd be interested if others think it's worn out or just broken in. Maybe I'm just not a leather saddle guy. I see a lot of randonneurs with the Brooks cambium saddles.
Well, whatever kind of saddle guy you are now, you might be a different kind in the future. I would not change my saddle because some guy online is amazed at how the saddle has changed in your usage. If you have the option to replace the leather and you want a saddle that rides the way this did when new, why not replace the leather? You could jump to another saddle design or brand, but it might not do what you want it to, and then you're in the saddle soup, seeking satisfaction in different designs.