Old 06-25-19, 08:13 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
took the train up to union station in dtown la. was undecided about whether to do a century via big tujunga canyon to aliso canyon to placerita canyon to
sand canyon/camp 9/little tujunga canyon and back to dtown via laurel canyon...or just crush miles on bike paths. ended up crushing miles on bike paths.
behind on the personal riding goals. took mission to huntington (super wide until monrovia!) ne of dtown la through alhambra, south pasadena, san marino,
monrovia and duarte. hooked up with the sgrt trail and did 34.75 miles to trail's end in seal beach. ugh. boy, is the sgrt ruff in places. that perennial headwind
along with meh pavement. still the fastest way north/south through the la basin. upper stretches from encanto park down to the santa fe dam are still okay tho.
hit a combo of pch and the various bike paths thru the state beaches in oc until the riding thru pendleton stretch. more pch from o-side until i called it quits in
encinitas, hit the modern times brewing tasting room in encinitas on the 101 across from the la paloma theater, then caught the coaster back home.
got significantly rained on-twice (seal/sunset/huntington beaches and laguna beach/monarch bay). had my first husky boy burger in laguna on pch since i was at
mile 82 and needed something before pizza port in san clemente. it'll be my last. sun was out for about 15 minutes all day.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2480771832

Last edited by diphthong; 06-25-19 at 08:22 PM.
Likes For diphthong: