View Single Post
Old 06-27-20, 05:58 PM
DOS

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Toespeas
im not using token yet on this bike i have it on my other bike ( a bb90 ) , this frame came with enduro bearings , so i just tightened the crank down and the bear went back into place , this is my first bb30 so i guess i have to just work through the kinks and quirks , i have been impressed by the token ninjas i haven't had one creek since i installed it , im hoping them they have a thread fit i can use , right now i have a sram force pf30 crank i wanted to use in the frame , but failed to understand the difference , so i ran out to a few bike shops and found a fsa goss bb30 and thats where im at !
Oh, ok. I misunderstood. The PF30 crank should work with the CAAD10 and BB30 bearings. PF30 frames have 46mm shells to accommodate the PF30 cups. BB30 shells are 42mm, but becuase the bearings press directly into the frame, the bearings in the two systems are the same. So your PF30 crank with 30mm spindle shouldn’t care whether you’re using it with a PF30 frame or a BB30 frame.

I am really surprised that you were able to push the bearings out of the CAAD10 frame withnthe crank spindle and reinstall it by tightening the cranks. I have a CAAD10 and it takes some serious banging to get the bearings out once they are pressed in correctly, and a good amount of pressing to get them seated correctly.They fit in the frame shell pretty tight.

You should press in the bearings with a bearing press. I would be concerned that just tightening the crank down wouldn’t be enough to fully seat the bearing into the frame. They need to be flush up against the c-clips inside the frame and they need to be in there straight.

Last edited by DOS; 06-27-20 at 06:14 PM.