View Single Post
Old 06-28-20, 03:31 AM
trailflow1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Toespeas
i understand , that is why i switched to the token thread fits so i would never have to deal with actual press fit , and for the most part the token has been great , maybe it loose some watts i dont know , but its sure has run smooth and silent compared to the pressfit bearings i started with that would creek and click

im still skeptical i can get my pf30 cranks into the frame , ill give it a whack though , literally

update : the sram force bb30(pf30) cranks did fit in with a whack , but they dont spin as freely as the FSA goss bb30 cranks , i have a space on the drive side , then bearing shield that came with the frame ( has cannondale logos on them ) on the drive side , and then i have the bearing shield and wavy washer on non drive side , so when i tighten it up its not spinning freely AND the crank hits the front mech so i had to move the mech over ( i havent tried to mount the rings , 53/36

all of this is temporary until i order a token bb but its good to know how to install bb30s

Your Force crank is the 10spd version with the shorter 90mm spindle. It sounds like you have too many spacers installed. Remove the spacer that was put on before the bearing shield.

All you need to use is the bearing shields first, some 0.5mm plastic shims and a wavy washer. no spacers are necessary.

Any remaining gap should be filled with 0.5mm plastic shims.

The bb30 shell can ovalize over time that's why the bearings can seem loose and pop out when inserting the crank. Greasing the spindle liberally will minimise it happening.

The bb30 shell diameter is only 42mm wide. The bearings cartridges are 42x30x7mm in size. If you were to design a thread together unit, the bearings would need to be made smaller and would wear out faster.

PF30 shells are 46mm wide so allow more room for a threaded sleeve.

The Ninja BB BB30 options will only work with Shimano 24mm cranks.

There is no difference between a PF30 crank and BB30 crank in terms of spindle width. They are both 30mm.

How the crank arms attach on different models whether DS or NDS. It doesn't effect anything in terms of the overall width or position. It's just a design choice.

Last edited by trailflow1; 06-28-20 at 05:16 AM.
Likes For trailflow1: