Old 02-12-18, 04:00 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by krispenhartung
Thoughts? Experiences? Would be super fun with BKOOL's simulated velodromes.
Have you tried Bkool yet? Admittedly I had to cut back the quality because my internet is so crap, but I found it to be quite a bland experience, especially the velodrome. I had high hopes, but unless they've picked up their game, I wouldn't bother. I used it last year around May/June. You just ride around the black line. There was keirin racing, but you had to have at least 4 other riders available to do that. With such a small rider base, unless you had some friends scheduled in, there was nothing to do on the velo besides TT stuff or endless laps. I really hope it has gotten better, as there was a lot of promise in what they had.

Originally Posted by Monkeyfudger
Sorry...search function doesn’t really like me...

Is anyone using the TA Specialties track rings? I fancy just trying to calm my cadence down half a click, are these ok or should I pony up to a Campag chain ring for too much more?

Wiggle | TA 144 PCD Shimano/Campag Track Chainring (50-52T) | Chainrings
These days, with modern CNC machining, there really aren't any more excuses for out of round chainrings. So the biggest differences should come from the chainring materials, but I would say even a cheap ring will last a long time under normal track use conditions. I honestly don't believe that the "name" rings deserve their high prices any more besides their bling factor. There are so many offerings out there from so many makers that come in at $100 or better