Old 04-25-18, 07:34 AM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
I did a session at Hellyer yesterday. Coach had me on light gearing and instructions to keep things at 90% (or less). I was just fine in the 30 lap warmup, hung with the group all the way, even in the last lap sprint. I did notice that I was staying off of wheels a bit further than customary for me, and I wasn't working super hard to close gaps. A little shell shocked, maybe?

I did two seated flying 200 meter sprints, as well as a fifteen minute ride in the pace range. In the sprints, I felt like the bike was riding me, not the other way around. The ribs felt okay, and my breathing was normal.

The one negative that really bothered me was the amount of weight I have gained in the last three weeks. Some was due to soft tissue damage and swelling, and that's mostly gone. I'm still quite a bit above where I should be, and it is noticeable and embarrassing. @gsteinb, I hear you about the bloat!