View Single Post
Old 02-03-19, 07:14 PM
Brooke1687

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Remmelt
A slipping seatpost is not right. Have you mentioned this to your local bike shop? They should fix that for you.

As for the saddle, is the picture showing your preferred height? It seems a bit low (although I am not an expert by any means). The higher you sit, the more pressure on the handlebars and less on the saddle. Also moving the saddle horizontally sometimes helps.

The bike itself looks great! I am surprised you were able to notice the quality difference compared to the ALR. In what way?
I probably overspoke on the quality of the two, i only took the alr on a short test drive and I know every bike comes with it’s own break in period. It’s really is a great bike, it’s a big upgrade from my hybrid so there’s a learning curve and I’m still getting used to it. The seat was low in that picture because it kept slipping. I have it tight now but I still need to raise it a bit so I’m going to let the shop deal with it. I had an issue with the rear skewer, which the shop fixed, and damn I had no idea how much of an annoyance it was going to be getting a gravel bike on a trainer but that’s not the bikes fault.

I am planning on doing a couple of sprint triathlons this summer but normally ride crush gravel so I think this bike really is the best of both worlds. I haven’t gotten it out in the road yet but I’m looking forward to it when gets a little warmer.