Old 02-15-19, 10:10 AM
CodyDog

Bikes: Specialized Vado SL/Trek Fuel EXe

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 29 Posts
Input welcomed. The more I research, the harder it is to make a decision.

I was about to pull the trigger on a Trek Checkpoint SL5 until I saw that Trek downrated the maximum tire size to 35mm. When I first looked at the bike, 45 mm was the info I found. So now that steers me towards the Specialized Diverge Sport which is outfitted with a 38mm tire. The Giant Revolt Advance 2 has a 40mm tire but I'm not completely convinced on this particular bike based on some of its short comings pointed out in some reviews. It's hard to compare apples to apples on gravel bikes. One offer this and the other offers that!

I have ridden each of the three in a parking lot scenario and feel like can can adapt to each with what limited test riding I had. I have no experience with a gravel bike (used to ride a FS MTB)

My budget is $3,000.00 and I'm wanting a carbon frame gravel bike with at least Shimano 105. Would also like the ability to go with wide tires for trail riding. I will ride rode, gravel and trail with my new bike. I would consider a Cyclocross with a dual chain ring (if suitable to ride roads).

Any last minute comments, advise, opinions or input are welcomed. I'm wanting to buy in the next couple of days. I'm about researched out!

Thanks,

CodyDog