Old 02-09-18, 04:24 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
Hi, Jim! Good to see you back.

I'd try to make the Bike To Work thing and on any other day when there is no snow or ice on the ground, I would. But tomorrow? Can't do it. Bummer.

What's tis thinf I read about TimeToStopDrinking? Doed that appplyto beeer?

At one time you expressed interest in riding my commute route with me. I've never figured out a good way to coordinate that, but I'm open to suggestions.I'm not commuting by bike again though till the ice goes away.
Hi jmm,

Thanks for that gracious reply. I posted my reply about today’s International Winter Bike to Work Day.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Unfortunately for me, my winter commuting is sporadic due to my workload (which I enjoy). It's often more efficient to stay overnight at work, save commuting time, and be at my desk at 5 AM when I’m at my energy peak; most of my work is solo anyways.

I rode my 14 mile route earlier this week, and am staying over tonight, so though I technically rode to work, I won’t ride tomorrow, February 9…
I have previously written about this Metro Boston thread, as a coterie of convivial bon vivant cyclists.
… I like to write up my rides, as do others on a local discussion thread here in Boston, and for me, it’s more a journal for myself, than for the amusement of other subscribers, though I hope others would find it interesting.

Of course we in Metro Boston all know the region, and each other, at least electronically, so we are a ready receptive audience for each other.

I have thought of that thread as the cycling equivalent of “apres-ski” after a day on the slopes, where we gather to exchange stories, routes, photos, ribbing, and (?) tall tales.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston (on a now-closed thread)
I’m not especially motivated to read or write about rides in areas I will never visit… Other cyclists’ biking stories are often meaningful to me, but usually not consequential enough for a reply.

Frankly, now my main enjoyment is reading the personal clashes on the various threads, such as these current ones:"I work with a moron", or ”How often do you check your mirror?.
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
… this trunk [bag] can actually be used as a beer cooler...
Originally Posted by PdalPowr
I am sure you meant to say that your beer cooler can actually be used as a trunk.

Priorities Sir, priorities.
and
I'll be glad to bring the martini's.
Originally Posted by freedomrider1
Jim, I thought you had everything you needed in that huge bag on the back of your bike.
Originally Posted by Louis
...the portable martini kit. What the hell, man, he's ready now.
Originally Posted by miss kenton
...And I can assure you, the portables are potable!
I sure would like to accompany you on one of your morning commutes, and likewise, I extend the same invitation on mine. As noted above though, it’s hard to have a free workday off. I would need to ride out to Waltham, ride with you, and then home to Kenmore Square. When I do have a weekday off, I often do seek an early morning ride somewhere, and that sounds like a nice route and distance.

Back in 2014 I wrote an epic post about a Magical Mystery Tour seeking the location of a photo you took en route.
...What road is in the photo? It looks like a nice shoulder.
My Magical (and Musical) MysteryTour, Saturday, August 23

So this Saturday, I decided to find that road, and even capture the sam epicture. I left in jmm’s full description because it was an accurate detail of that road, though I rode it in the opposite direction as written.

I have recently been thinking about riding the Fellsway; not been on it since July last year. So that would be the route to “Jim's Road.”...

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 02-09-18 at 05:34 AM.