View Single Post
Old 12-25-18, 06:50 PM
radroad

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Domromer
Hey Guys, Just curious have a lot of car free or car lite people bought electric bikes? Just curious if this market segment were into ebikes. It seems like it would make car free living that much easier. If this subject has been beaten to death here already I apologize. I've not been on this forum in the past few years.
With some notable exceptions, the percentage of people in the US who are VOLUNTARILY car free is vanishingly low. Those notable exceptions being a few large cities like SF and NYC. Other than that, most people who are car free are in that state because of their financial, legal or medical situation or age, with the last two overlapping significantly, or a combination thereof.

It's more a fantasy or a pipe dream of e-bike shops and/or eco-social justice warriors. While I'm a fan of bike lanes obviously, and of encouraging greener forms of transportation, the efforts to promote cycling infrastructure are often so invasive and disruptive, it makes me question the intentions behind these efforts.