View Single Post
Old 01-13-19, 11:05 AM
BrocLuno

Bikes: K2 (Marzocchi/Fox), Trek 6000 (red) MARS Elite up front, Specialized Hardrock Sport -> eBike (R7 Elite up front), lastly TREK 820 loaner. Recently sold Peugeot du Monde Record and 1956 Schwinn (owned since new).

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Obviously it was a MTB. The PO wanted to move to 29'er Santa Cruz something, so sold the old one cheap ($100).

It is a K2 (Girvin) Pro-Flex - prolly a 4000 model or so circa 1999. Aluminum frame, Easton carbon swing arm. Marzocchi Marathon Doppio Air fork, Fox RL shock. Mavic Crossland wheels with road'ish tires at full pressure, so rolling resistance is not much.

I gotta tweak the 3x8 drive train. I need to step up all the front chainrings. 22-32-44 is not large enough for the road. OK for trail work if steep enough, but no good on pavement. I'm thinking 26-39-49 or 50 will do much better. Other than that, I'm goinna leave well enough alone.

Yesterday I was picking out pot holes and pavement breaks for fun. I tried suspension seatposts and such. But, cars whizzing by on my left and having to be careful with rock falls and debris in the bike lanes got old. My road bikes were always a bit harsh, and they don't like anything but smooth. This thing just does not care, at all