Old 02-22-19, 07:33 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked 749 Times in 559 Posts
Originally Posted by BeachBunny
Hey DS people. I’m still loving my DS4 that I bought last year. I have now ridden it enough to know that I would like to change my riding position a bit. I would like to sit up straighter and take some of the pressure off my hands. I would like to get some riser bars. Has anyone done this? I was looking at the Race Face ones but I have no idea what to choose. This is probably one of those “....talk to the LBS guys” situations. I was wondering if any of you knowledgeable people had any advice ? Has anyone got a recommendation on quality bars?
You could also change your stem, if you haven't done that already. If you like the general shape and width of your handlebar, but just want it higher...check out a taller or more angled stem. Or even a stem extension. Yes, the local bike shop folks would definitely be able to help you there.

(Another option is a bar that sweeps further back. It wouldn't necessarily be higher, but your hands would be further back, making you sit more upright. It's a different feel for sure -- something probably to test ride first.)