Old 10-03-13, 05:15 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
+100, even after being hit from behind last year. In fact I wear two rear view mirrors, left and right, and I have posted about the advantages

When I'm peeved by a driver’s actions, instead of the middle finger and obscenties, I give my own special Bicyclist's Curse. I vigorously and repeatedly point my finger at the offender while shouting, “You, you, you…” with the intention that future harm befalls them. It’s more satisfying to me than the other gesture, with the hope of future metaphysical retribution.

I do also bestow Bicyclist's Blessings to drivers who show even a modicum of respect and compassion, with a friendly wave, a “Bless You,” and wishes for good things for them in the future. Even in car-crazy Boston, I perform numerously more blessings than curses. Probably about 2-3 blessings a day on a 14-mile commute vs about 1 curse every 3-4 weeks.

I feel empowered to perform these rituals, because my friend who introduced me to adult cycling once commented when a threatening rain turned sunny, “God smiles on His Bicyclists.” To anyone who reads this post, consider yourself authorized to bless and curse too.

You really have two options, if you feel like doing something, take a photograph of the cars rear tag, file a report with the local constabulary, even if they don't do anything, you will feel better. I find it better to be thankful that my guardian angel showed up for work, and then forget about it.... As for super busy high speed streets, I prefer to find other places to ride.