View Single Post
Old 02-01-20, 09:49 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6963 Post(s)
Liked 10,961 Times in 4,687 Posts
I think this news release was covered in another thread somewhere on bf. The "data" is meaningless; it would be somewhat more meaningful to report fatalities per million miles ridden, or some other similar stat which measure fatalities relative to the amount of cycling.

Oh, and I'll agree with other posters that this one, below, is a hoot. To the extent that I can even discern the points, they are hogwash.

Originally Posted by GamblerGORD53
The average DEAD cyclist is a helmet wearing MAMIL on a cilly fibre bike, pretending to race in a peleton. FACT.
They likely weren't at fault often, but dead right is still dead. There are more such riders, so that's what you get.
CF bikes DO ASPLODE on impact. NOT good.
My city of a million averages less than 2 fatals a year. Been truck accidents lately. The few I see on the highways are riding single file FRAP on shoulders.
Very few lane HOGS of any sort. The co-op bike club is lamely pushing this UNSAFE practice though...

Last summer I tour rode 3,900 miles in the NW, with NO helmet. I saw ZERO accidents of any sort. In SE Asia I saw or heard a couple dozen. I could just shrug off the few mishaps I had.
Likes For Koyote: