Old 06-18-21, 02:46 PM
retrofit

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
So- a little more time looking at and considering this one.

Those adjusters look to be more "show than go" but not a big deal to me. If the bike is set up well then shouldn't really need those in my experience.

Still need to sort out the seatpost, need a little more setback. I also wanted to use a saddle with oval rails but need longer bolts on this seatpost clamp to use that saddle.

Once the setback is correct on the saddle then the handlebar reach will be spot on. That said, the long and heavy Dynamic stem needs to go and with it will go those funky bars. The older I get the more I like modern compact bars. So if I do wind up keeping this I'll change out the stem and bars. I need to decide soon because I think the cable housing for the rear brakes is causing those brakes to work funky. Two sharp curves coming out from under the bar tape and into the downtube.

Such a beautiful paint job on this so the few chips are bugging me more than usual. Have to research online and see if someone has worked out a good paint match for these colors. Be nice to touch it up properly and blend in the blemishes.

Now.....isn't that seatpost clamp wrong? The catalog has a higher seatpost tube with built in bolt, right?

The following is from the PDF "Klein Technical Manual - This manual covers all Klein models to August 1996" found on Retrobike.co.uk
(see pp 32-33)

Likes For retrofit: