Thread: Trainers
View Single Post
Old 01-08-13, 10:28 AM
sstorkel

Bikes: Cervelo RS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Schwinn Typhoon, Nashbar touring, custom steel MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vesteroid
If I were just going to buy a standard trainer (one with no electronic features)....this : Kurt Kinetic. I have seen more positive feedback on this model than most of the other models combined. Oddly enough two of the lbs here use them for the saturday morning training sessions in the winter as well.

they have even just released a little upgrade thing to make it a power based trainer, and its way cheaper than a computrainer.
I own a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine trainer and think it is very well-made. That said, I rarely use it: it's just too painfully boring.

The Kurt Kinetic power computer is a joke... unless they've changed it since I last looked at it? The one I remember measured your speed, made some assumptions about how much power was required to reach that speed, did a little multiplication and displayed the result. You can find the calculation on their website, print out some numbers with Excel, and save yourself $80.