View Single Post
Old 03-09-15, 06:48 PM
kurtp13

Bikes: Trek 820, Cannondale F500 with Trekking bars and road tires, Bianchi Alfana, Panasonic PCI "Les Maillots", Cannondale M1000 Tandem, Schwinn Johnny, Trek Lime, 1964 Armstrong, 1962 Raleigh Gazelle, 1964 AMF Hercules, Brooklyn Cruiser Driggs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I thought I had a freewheel noise. Many others complained about the freewheel noise. Atombikes reported that he had a Fleaby brand freewheel which was noisy. I thought I had a similar noise but it was more of a scraping than a rhythmic noise.

I discovered that the stand on the bottom of the bike was spaced too close to the inner chainwheel guard and was rubbing when I pedaled. It was line to line with the chain guard. No noise when not pushed hard.

I noticed it and bent the stand out of the way when on a ride.

My freewheel appears to be a different brand than the earlier posters bikes. So that may be why I don't have the same noise they had. My freewheel brand name appears to be Three Arrows. It's still destined for removal when I can get time to change my gearing but it's good to know that seems to have been changed. I bought my bike in Feb, so the vendor may have been changed.

The weather has improved. It's good to be out riding again.